BACK TO EMPLOYEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Assistant Teacher will report directly to the Lead Teacher.
- Support lead teacher
- Keep classroom in order and all classroom activities
- Assist lead teacher with both long- and short-range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice, and program philosophy.
- Learn the curriculum and be ready to take over when lead isn’t there.
- Maintain daily open communication with parents.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Willing to take direction and follow through.
- Do lunch breaks for other teachers.
- Be flexible and jump into classrooms where needed.
- Report any suspect abuse to Director.
- Keep incident/accident reports.
- Must be able to lift to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Ensures that all class boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class.
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials.
- Provide the children with the verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children’s behavior.
- Attend in-service and staff meetings.
- Meet all applicable licensing requirements.
- Observes all rules and regulations of Bloom Day School and the local, state, or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children
- Maintains overall professional personal appearances adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
- Follow opening/closing procedures
- Maintains the Bloom Day School professional attitude and work behavior.
- Must meet all Bloom Day School and local, state, or national basic health requirements as well as other requirements.
- CPR and First Aid training, as required.
- Must complete all necessary company employment and payroll forms.
- In states where required, personnel will have a fingerprinting and/or criminal investigation report completed.
- Florida Blue health insurance
- Aflac supplemental insurance
- HSA with medical plan
- 401K and matching
- Continuing Education
- Bloom tuition discount
- Paid vacation, sick, holiday and bereavement pay