BACK TO EMPLOYEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Lead Teacher will report directly to the Day School Director.
- Be punctual, arriving no later than 5 minutes before shift.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Prepare and submit each week’s lesson plan and activities along with a supply.
- Preform both long- and short-range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practices, and program philosophy.
- Work well with, lead and guide assistant teacher in a respectful manner.
- Maintain daily open communication with parents.
- Record and keep incident/accident reports.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Report any suspect abuse to Director.
- Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Keep classroom in order and all classroom activities.
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials.
- Attend in-service days and staff meetings.
- Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance, and timesheets.
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations.
- CPR and First Aid training, as required.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of children.
- Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Bloom Day School curriculum outlines and materials.
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Ensures that all class boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class.
- Provides the children with the verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children’s’ behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Provides an attractive, clean, sanitary, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity.
- Must be able to lift to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities.
- Maintains the Bloom Day School professional attitude and work behavior.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearances adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
- Assists in the other capacities as determined by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of Bloom Day School and the local, state, or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children.
- Must meet all Bloom Day School and local, state, or national basic health requirements as well as other requirements.
- Must complete all necessary company employment and payroll forms.
- In states where required, personnel will have a fingerprinting and/or criminal investigation report completed.
- Florida Blue health insurance
- Aflac supplemental insurance
- HSA with medical plan
- 401K and matching
- Continuing Education
- Bloom tuition discount
- Paid vacation, sick, holiday and bereavement pay